Thursday, February 26, 2015

Trans CAD trucking company

“We need a logo for our trucking company. Do what ever you want, but do us something good!”
I’ve done several trucking logos over the years. They are always fun. My brief was movement, modern and keep it simple. This logo had certain givens like… an italic font, a bold or black weight, and explore a slab or a sans serif typeface.
The color palette was going to be easy because the owners love pro football. Immediately I thought of an orange and blue or black combination; Broncos, Colts, Bengals, Cleveland… aggressive visuals. Wonderful ingredients.
Some logos are a type solution from the get-go. One of the things I learned in design school that has helped me all my life is… keep an idea file. Look and save for the future. 
I remembered a Brazilian logo that I saved because of the lowercase “a”. After a couple of hours searching the Net I downloaded 5 fonts similar to the Brazilian letter "a" and starting playing around. 
The last thing I worked on was the icon. Started sketching arrow tips and boomerangs with coloured pencils. Bing bang boom…. TransCAD is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment